Supports and facilitates generally one to two Scrum Teams in various functions by fostering Agile values and practices.
· Ensures team adherence to Agile principles. Provides coaching to the Scrum Team(s) on how to execute the Scrum framework.
· Organizes and facilitates ceremonies, identifies improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality while mitigating risk. Tracks and communicates the overall team progress providing visibility to stakeholders.
· Serves as a filter to remove impediments to progress as identified by the team. Protects the team from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused on Scrum Team priorities.
· Partners with the Product Owner to ensure the backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for the team.
· Core Competencies
Manages Risk – Working Experience
· Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’ s and unit’ s risk appetite and risk management framework.
· Customer Focus – Extensive Experience
· Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
· Job Specific Competencies
Agile Development – Extensive Experience
· Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced applications.
· IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Working Experience
· Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
· Interpersonal Relationships – Extensive Experience
· Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
· Problem Solving – Extensive Experience
· Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
· Effective Communications – Working Experience
· Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
· Coaching Others – Working Experience
· Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
· Group Facilitation – Extensive Experience
· Ability to design and facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate a focused group discussion, and achieve a desired outcome.
· Planning and Organizing – Working Experience
· Mobilizes both time and resources to get things done.
· Listening – Extensive Experience
· Knowledge of effective listening issues and techniques; ability to gather, clarify, and apply information transmitted verbally, while exhibiting a genuine interest toward the speaker.
· Conflict Management – Working Experience
· Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
· Minimum 5 years as project manager of all phases of technical projects
· Minimum 2-5 years as scrum master for SW development teams
· Strong working experience on projects such as cloud implementation and management, software development, bioinformatics
· Strong understanding and applied experience with Scrum development principles.
· Ability to coach teams in the scrum master capacity.
· Ability to work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure.
· Strong facilitation skills.
· Ability to multi-task in a very fast- paced environment, between multiple projects and post-project support.
· Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and independently “ take ownership”.
· Responsible to ensure appropriate business processes, data quality, and systems delivery.
· Ability to define business processes, data needs, and requirements.
· Ability to work with others remotely to facilitate creation of roadmaps, product backlogs, prioritization
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Work with the scrum team to remove impediments to deliver the product
· Able to work effectively with dispersed, remote and global teams when needed.
· Expected to follow Company’ s governance processes and methodologies, and manage to budget.
· Bachelor’ s degree or its equivalent is required
· Scrum Master certification is preferred