You will be working in close cooperation with our developers, helping merge these worlds in an efficient manner. Candidates with strong leadership skills have an opportunity to lead our Montreal deployment team in future.
As a DevOps specialist, you should have an administration knowledge and programming experience or depth in one of the two. We are looking for a DevOps with strong communication skills, who can explain decisions and technical solutions in a clear and concise way. Our successful candidate is passionate about keeping up-to-date with current best practices and not afraid to drive and implement changes inside the Company. We believe in the strength of pair programming, have an Agile corporate mindset and embrace infrastructure as code.
As a part of our team, you will do the following:
• Maintain deployed corporate software products and installed packages.
• Maintain software and runtime environment configurations, in-house support tools, scripts.
• Gather, store and share knowledge related to delivered IT services between various development teams.
• Monitor IT services and runtime environments.
• Help development teams to automate their CI/CD processes.
• Support deployment process into Customer’s production.
• Further maintenance of Customer’s production systems.
• 3+ years of experience on a DevOps position.
• 1+ year of experience in Python/Bash scripting.
• Experience working with one of the following automation tools – Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
• Experience working with Docker, Vagrant and VirtualBox.
• Experience working with application servers such as JBoss Wildfly.
• Experience working with Jenkins/GitLab CI.
• Experience working in Agile project setups.
• Experience managing packages with RPM.
• Proven Linux (RedHat) System Administration in a Windows network environment.
• Understanding of various Authentication techniques such as SAML/LDAP.
• Upper-Intermediate level of English.
• Willingness to embrace continuous delivery and automation.
Would be a plus:
• Basic Java knowledge
• Knowledge of Java VM configuration
• Setup of Web application in a clustered environment
• Strong communication skills
• Problem solver
• Open and friendly
• DevOps mindset
How to Apply
Interested candidates can email resume at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted.
Please advise HR if you require assistance/accommodation during the interview process. Canadian Payroll Services is an equal opportunity employer.