You will be responsible for the development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of Crew and Ops Management applications in order to meet customer, functional, and regulatory requirements.
You are passionate about solving complex real-world problems using technology. You want to work directly with clients, understanding their business and using technology to solve their problems and improve efficiency—delivering solutions that the clients truly benefit from.
Problem solving gets you excited, especially together with others, working tightly in a team with the client. Collaboration and communication are your strengths. You find working with people from around the world to be exciting and stimulating.
You enjoy working in a team and find it rewarding to work with teams in an office on another continent.
You either know about, or are eager to learn about, the Airline business. You see yourself contributing in workshops and communicating with different stakeholders as part of gathering requirements.
You thrive in a dynamic environment and see change as something positive.
As part of an Agile implementation team, you will:
- Deliver client projects by configuring and customizing our world-leading Crew and Ops Management applications using XML, Python, and our proprietary RAVE language.
- Use a test-driven development methodology to ensure top quality, developing automated test cases as you code.
- Work directly with the client to understand their needs and business objectives and use that information to capture requirements.
- Explain design decisions and technical solutions in a clear and confident way to clients, while managing client expectations and building long-term client relationships.
- Travel to visit our clients from time to time, mainly in the Americas.
- Solid programming ability, either through education, experience, or a combination of both
- Experience working within a Scrum team or in similar Agile project setups
- Strong communication and people skills
- Problem-solving experience
- 4+ years of working with software development
- 2+ years of experience effectively working in a Linux/Unix environment
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- 1+ year of experience with Git
- A background in Airline Operation or Airline IT, ideally with Crew Management
- An MSc or BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with:
- Test framework like Gherkin, Behave
- Interfaces and data integration, XML, XSD
- Database configuration, big data
- Building Pipelines, GitLab, Jenkins, GoCD
- Virtual machine, vagrant, VirtualBox
- Java, RESTful services, Angular JS
- Eclipse IDE
How to Apply
Interested candidates can email resume at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted.
Please advise HR if you require assistance/accommodation during the interview process. Canadian Payroll Services is an equal opportunity employer.