Systems Administrator – Hamilton, ON.
On behalf of our client, Procom is searching for a Systems Administrator for a 6 month contract position in Hamilton, ON
Systems Administrator Job Details
As the Systems Administrator II you will function as Virtualization engineer in a managed services environment supporting a variety of customers ranging from medium size business to large enterprise. The systems administrator’s primary responsibilities include monitoring, administering, and supporting the core services of our customer’s virtualized environments.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities
- Design, configure, maintain and troubleshoot WLAN, LAN and WAN •
- Configure and maintain routing and switching for Enterprise network •
- Provide client connectivity solutions with partner’s hospitals and vendors •
- Gather, analyze and troubleshoot 24/7 escalated hardware and network support issues
- Performs systems maintenance, upgrades, capacity planning, and administration.
- Develops, documents, and standardizes preventative maintenance routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on production systems.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves incidents and problems within defined service level agreements (SLAs).
- Communicates effectively with various entities, including CRMs, account managers, remote site personnel, and client technical and non-technical resources.
- Hypervisors – ESXi & HyperV
- VMware – vCenter, VUM, Virtual Networking
- Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012)
- Core Server infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, SNMP, etc.)
- TCP/IP Networking
- Blade chassis management (UCS, HPC 7000, etc.)
- Server Optimization and Hardening
- Working knowledge of SAN technology
- Ability to lift 50lbs, datacenter rackingstacking, cabling
- Other duties as defined by management
• MCSA/ MCSE 2012
• Cisco Networking
Systems Administrator Must Have Skills
- Client Email Etiquette
- Effectively lead detailed technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’s needs are met.
- Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high?quality environment
- Must have excellent team and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Systems Administrator Assignment Length
Systems Administrator Location
Systems Administrator Start Date